Job searching is tough in the best of times. We know that.
But we also know that you have what it takes to find a job.
Your training and preparation will pay off, and we'll be there every step of the way
to support you and give you job-search ideas, mentor connections, document preparation
advice, career consultation and encouragement. We're also tracking available entry-level
jobs for you, so be sure to check MCO often. Beginning in August you'll receive a
biweekly eNewsletter that contains all of the above and more.
Keep in touch, and let us know how we can support you.
Keep in Touch
- We're here for you — Now. After you graduate. Just call or make an appointment on MCO.
- McGeorge's Facebook Page — "LIKE" the McGeorge Facebook page to keep up to speed on opportunities and CDO programs.
- Change in Employment? Please help us maintain accurate employment statistics by emailing us at email@example.com if your employment status or employer changes.
Build Your Network
- Alumni Advisor Network — It's not too late to take an alum to coffee through our Alumni Advisor Network (pdf) on MCO. Don't have access to this tab? Just ask the CDO.
- LinkedIn — Read this Forbes article for a few extra tips on making a strong LinkedIn profile and using LinkedIn to your
- Be a joiner — Join bar associations. Participate in community groups. Volunteer.
- Job Fairs — Many of the legal career job fairs around the country welcome recent law school
graduates. Click here (pdf) for job fair tips.
- Alumni Events — McGeorge posts alumni events.
- Young Alumni Chapter — You will automatically become a member to the Alumni Chapter. Attend professional
development programs and other social networking events.
Leave No Stone Unturned
- Legal Temp Agencies — If you are interested in obtaining temporary legal work while looking for a permanent
job, look at our list of legal temp agencies (pdf).
- BYU Job Bank — Looking outside of the Sacramento area? Use this intercollegiate job bank (https://www.law2.byu.edu/Career_Services/jobbank/) for access to job bulletins from
hundreds of law schools across the country. Log on to MCO for the most recent username and password.
- McGeorgeCareersOnline — Upload a current resume onto MCO. Make sure your contact and profile information on MCO is up to date. This way, we
can send you appropriate job postings and other opportunities. See this handout (pdf) for directions on setting MCO up to send you job postings in your practice areas
- Lexis/Westlaw — LEXIS offers unemployed graduates free access to their career library. Westlaw
offers access for your job-search for up to one year after graduation. Call the CDO
for more information.
- Reciprocity — If you're looking to practice outside of Sacramento, we may be able to arrange
for you to have reciprocity with another law school so that you can avail yourself
of their career services resources. See this flyer (pdf) for information.
Dot Your I's. Cross Your T's.
Career Development Office
Email | 916.739.7011