JD Certificate of Concentration Programs
McGeorge's diverse electives and co-curricular offerings allow you to explore a variety
of legal career opportunities. If you have a particular career path in mind, our certificates
of concentration will enhance your JD experience and allow you to master a specific
Explore the Certificates of Concentration
- Business Certificate of Concentration — Develop an expertise in general business law and related areas such as entertainment,
employment, banking, or real estate law.
- Capital Lawyering Certificate of Concentration — Perfectly suited for McGeorge's location in California's capital, this course of
study prepares students for government and public lawyering through coursework and
an externship or clinic experience.
- Elder and Health Certificate of Concentration — Acquire the professional skills to represent individual and institutional clients
or to work for a state or federal regulatory agency.
- Environmental Certificate of Concentration — Explore the scope of issues governed by environmental, energy, and water law on
local, national, and international levels.
- Intellectual Property Certificate of Concentration — Focus on the growing areas of intellectual property, including patent law, copyright
law, entertainment and artistry law, and more.
- International Certificate of Concentration — Gain exposure across the international law spectrum, with a dual emphasis on public
international law (relations between states) and private international Law (transnational
- Tax Certificate of Concentration — Concentrate on tax laws that affect accounting, business, estate planning, and
- Trial & Appellate Advocacy Certificate of Concentration — Hands-on training in criminal and civil trial preparation and advocacy, and alternatives
Office of Student Affairs
Email | 916.739.7089