Scholarship is a core priority for the McGeorge faculty, who produce scholarship for
top publications around the world.
- Christine Manolakas, The Tax Law and Policy of Natural Disasters, 71 Baylor L. Rev. 1 (2019)
- Christine Manolakas, Taxation of Gamblers: The House Always Wins, 70 Okla. L.J. 553 (2017)
- Christine Manolakas, Qualified Residence Interest Deduction: A Win for Unmarried Co-Owners, 17 Nev. L.J. 201 (2016)
- Christine Manolakas' article The Taxation of Thieves and their Victims: Everyone Loses but Uncle Sam, Hastings Bus. L.J. (2016)
- Christine Manolakas' article Qualified Residence Interest Deduction: A Win for Unmarried Co-Owners, Nev. L.J. (forthcoming December 2016)
- Christine Manolakas' article The Tax Treatment of Natural Disasters: Greater and Equitable Relief is Necessary, 44 Real Est. L.J. 464 (2016)
- Christine Manolakas' article The Taxation of Artists and the Acquirers of Art: The Many Shades of Grey, 43 AIPLA Q. J. 69 (Winter 2014). (American Intellectual Property Law Association,
The George Washington University School of Law)
- Christine Manolakas' article The Mixed Use of a Personal Residence: Integration of Conflicting Holding Purposes
Under I.R.C. Sections 121, 280A, and 1031, 14 Wake Forest J. Bus. & Intell. Prop. L. 1 (2013)
- Christine Manolakas' article The Exit Tax: A Move in the Right Direction, Wm & Mary Bus. L. Rev. 341 (2012) (with William Dentino)
- Brian Landsberg's lead article, "Lee v. Macon County Board of Education: The Possibilities of Federal Enforcement of
Equal Educational Opportunity," 12 Duke J. Const. L. & Pub. Pol'y 1-52 (2016) was published.
- Franklin Gevurtz was cited on March 22 in First National Bank of Omaha v. iBeam Solutions, LLC, (2016-Ohio-1182, Ohio Court of Appeals 10th Dist.) quoting from his article, Piercing Piercing: An Attempt to Lift the Veil of Confusion Surrounding the Doctrine
of Piercing the Corporate Veil, 76 Or. L. Rev. 853 (1997).
- Courtney Lee's article, The Mindful Path to Success (pdf), Clinical Legal Education Ass'n Newsl., Winter 2015-16, at 9, has been published.
- Michael Mireles' article, Trademark Enforcement Issues in the United States: Bullies and Trolls, J. Internet L., Nov. 2015, at 26, has been published.
- Michael P. Malloy's article, Risk Management in Financial Services, in Business, Economics and Mercantile Law: Selected Issues 11 (David A. Frenkel and
Anna Chronopoulou, eds., Athens Inst. for Educ. & Res. 2016), has been published.
- Michael P. Malloy published the first of three 2016 supplements to his three-volume
treatise Banking Law and Regulation, 2nd Ed. (Wolters Kluwer Law and Business, December
- Stephen McCaffrey's article, UN Watercourses Convention: Implementation and Relationship to the UNECE Water Convention, 46 Envtl. Pol'y L. 35 (2016), has been published.
- Stephen McCaffrey's chapter, The Siren Song of Sovereignty: From the Harmon Doctrine to the International Law Commission's
Draft Articles on Transboundary Aquifers, in A History of Water, Series III, Vol. 2, Sovereignty & Development of International
Water Law, 47 (Terje Tvedt, Owen McIntyre & Tadesse Kassa Woldetsadik, eds., I.B.
Tauris 2014), has been published.
- Stephen McCaffrey co-authored a new coursebook, International Law for the Environment
(West 2015) (with Edith Brown Weiss, et al.).
- Francis J. Mootz III, Dean, published the chapter Hermeneutics and Law, in The Blackwell Companion to Hermeneutics 595 (eds., Niall Keane and Chris Lawn,
- John E.B. Myers' books, Mental Health Law in a Nutshell (West Academic, 2016) and
California and Federal Evidence: Cases and Materials (Esquire Books, 2014), have been
- John E.B. Myers' article, Ohio v. Clark: A Real-Life Whodunit, 21 Psychol., Pub. Pol'y, & L. 383 (2016), has been published.
- Brian Slocum's paper, Conversational Implicatures and Legal Texts (pdf), 29 Ratio Juris 23 (2016), has been published.
- Jarrod Wong's Panel Proceedings, Transparency and Procedural Due Process in International Economic Law, 109 Am. Soc'y Int'l L. Proc. 319 (2016) (with co-panelists at the 2015 ASIL Annual
Meeting), has been published.
- Jarrod Wong's article, BG Group v. Republic of Argentina: A Supreme Misunderstanding of Investment Treaty
Arbitration, 43 Pepp. L. Rev. 541 (2016), has been published.
- Jarrod Wong's Introductory Remarks, Transparency and Procedural Due Process in International Economic Law, 109 Am. Soc'y Int'l L. Proc. 319 (2016) (with co-panelists at the 2015 ASIL Annual
Meeting), has been published.
- Michael Vitiello's article, Teaching Oral Advocacy: Creating More Opportunities for an Essential Skill, 45 Seton Hall L. Rev. 1031 (2015), was published.
- Franklin Gevurtz' chapter, "Attacking Asset Protection LLCs," has been published in
Research Handbook on Partnerships, LLCs and Alternative Forms of Business Organizations
edited by Robert Hillman & Mark Loewenstein (Edward Elgar 2015).
- Lawrence Levine's short essay that appears in "Reflections," in Out and About: The LGBT Experience in the Legal Profession (2015) has been published by the ABA.
- Michael Malloy's third 2015 Supplement to his three-volume treatise Banking Law and
Regulation (2d ed.) has been published by Wolters-Kluwer Law and Business.
- John Sprankling and Ray Coletta's casebook, Property: A Contemporary Approach (3rd
ed. 2015) has been published by West.
- Brian Landsberg, Does Prison Reform Bring Sentencing Reform? The Congress, the Courts, and the Structural
Injunction, 46 McGeorge L. Rev. 747 (2015).
- Michael Malloy, Payment Systems and Harmonization, appeared in Global Wisdom on Business Transactions, International Law and Dispute
Resolution, a Festschrift published by the German Publisher C.H. Beck in honor of
the 65th birthday of Gerhard Wegen. Dr. Wegen is a partner in the Stuttgart law firm
Gleiss Lutz specializing in corporate and cross-border M&A projects, and also an Honorary
Professor at the University of Tübingen.
- Michael Malloy, Contracts Simulations (Bridge to Practice Series, West 2015) (with
Deborah R. Gerhardt).
- Michael Malloy's second (of three) 2015 Supplements to his three-volume treatise Banking
Law and Regulation (2d ed.) has been published by Wolters-Kluwer Law and Business.
- Stephen McCaffrey's book chapter, "Pollution of Shared Freshwater Resources in International
Law," has been published in Transboundary Pollution: Evolving Issues of International
Law and Policy at 81 (S. Jayakumar, Tommy Koh, Robert Beckman & Hao Duy Phan eds.,
Edward Elgar 2015) has been published.
- John Myers, "Testilying" in Family Court, 46 McGeorge L. Rev. 499-510 (2015).
- Rachael Salcido, Rationing Environmental Law in a Time of Climate Change, 46 Loy. U. Chi. L.J. 617 (2015).