Our goal is to provide an environment conducive to studying and designed to meet your
research needs. For this reason we have created specialized study areas to accommodate
different study preferences. Your observance of our food, beverage and noise guidelines
will help to ensure a pleasant environment for all of us.
Library Spaces and Functions
- Quiet study area — The Hugh & Hazel Darling Foundation Grand Salon or “Grand Salon”,
Stacks 2, and the Treatise Room.
- Small group study area/quiet conversation — Reference Room, Rotunda, Stacks 1, Open
Reserves, Study Rooms, Circulation, Foyer and Outdoor areas.
- Copy and Print Room — Copiers and printers are available as well as Pacific Technology's
- Computer Lab — Internet and database access. Computer assistance is available at the
nearby Pacific Technology helpdesk.
- Food, Beverages & Smoking — Please be respectful of others when consuming food in
the library. Please refrain from particularly odorous foods, respect others' allergies
and other sensitivities, and be sure to clean up after yourself so that the library
will remain a clean and welcoming environment for all.. Drinks should be in spill
resistant containers; Smoking is not allowed.
- Cell Phones — Please refrain from cell phone conversations inside the library. Phone
calls can be placed in the outdoor areas: Grand Salon Terrace, the Patio and the Oak
- ID Policy — A Pacific ID card is required to check out materials. It is also necessary
to access the Library after regular business hours.