LRAP Application Process
First Friday of December, each calendar year. Applications are available in October of each year.
Maximum Gross Income
$55,000 per year.
There are three steps you must complete in order to have your eligibility determined for Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP).
- Complete and return the McGeorge LRAP Application
- Complete and return the LRAP Employer Certification Form
- Provide copies of appropriate 1040 forms and W-2's
The McGeorge LRAP Application
The application provides information needed to determine eligibility. All applicants must print, complete and mail the completed McGeorge LRAP Application to the address shown below on or before the first Friday in December, each calendar year.
Note: A new McGeorge LRAP Application must be completed and submitted each year.
McGeorge School of Law
Financial Aid Office
3200 Fifth Ave.
Sacramento, CA 95817
The application requires the following:
- Proof of employment with a qualifying organization.
- Income information including salary (to be verified by the employer) and income from any additional sources received between January 1 and December 31 of the application year.
- A list of educational debts, including the name of each servicer; the month and year each loan went into repayment; the total amount borrowed from each loan program; and the dollar amount of the monthly repayment obligation.
- Documentation from the servicer of each educational debt listed for the applicant and/or spouse. This may be a copy of the repayment agreement, copy of a billing statement or a letter from the servicer.
- A signed copy of the graduate's, and if applicable, the graduate's spouse's IRS Form 1040 (with all schedules) for the most recent calendar year.
- A cover letter stating the graduate's interest in and qualification for the Loan Repayment Assistance Program.
- A signed agreement that the graduate will report any increase in income within a reasonable time.
- Any clarification or follow-up documentation that may be requested by the Director of Financial Aid.
As part of the application process, McGeorge requires certification by the employer of the applicant's employment status. All applicants should fill out Part A, print out and give to your employer to complete Part B. Have your employer return the Employer Certification Form to McGeorge, Financial Aid Office as soon as possible. Employer Certification Forms must be received by the deadline date (1st Friday in December, each calendar year). Should there be any questions regarding the Employer Certification form, please have your employer call McGeorge Financial Aid Office, 916.739.7158.
Note: A new Employer Certification Form must be completed and submitted each year.
1040 Forms & W-2s
In order to verify the information provided, you must supply a signed and dated copy of Internal Revenue Service 1040 Income Tax Return form, including all schedules and W-2's to the Financial Aid Office.