Statement of Diversity & Inclusion
The McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific strives to maintain a multicultural environment beneficial to education. Our community — including students, faculty, staff, administrators, and alumni - remains deeply committed to promoting an atmosphere that facilitates opportunities for shared understanding and expression of individual and collective truths.
We resolve to respect all persons despite differences, including: age, citizenship, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, geographic origin, language, marital status, nationality, philosophical beliefs, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment in which all people are respected and diversity is celebrated in all of its forms.
We believe our success in creating leaders in the legal profession is directly reflected by the quality of our students, faculty, and staff. We are dedicated to developing legal advocates with a high regard for ethics, professionalism, and civility.
McGeorge strives to enhance the personal and professional experiences of our community by promoting:
- Respect and Awareness of individuals and diverse communities and groups;
- Education inclusive of a variety of different perspectives, experiences, intellectual interests, and worldviews;
- A Commitment to increasing diversity in the legal profession; and
- The value of Collective Action to challenge prejudice, stereotyping, and harassment.
- The McGeorge commitment to diversity is an essential part of providing a high quality education that prepares graduates for the administration of justice in a multicultural world and for professional participation in a legal community that represents the interests of a diverse society.
Adopted by the Minority Affairs Committee 2008-2009