Faculty Support Office
Building: Faculty Offices Building
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
Address: 3200 Fifth Ave., Sacramento, CA 95817
Map View: Faculty Support Office Map
Staff: Staff: Janice C. Johnson, Director. Faculty Support Specialists: Dianna Martinez, Annette Bethea, Cathleen Mulloy-Gregson, Pauline Rodriguez Acosta & Wendy Young.
The Faculty Support Office (FSO) assists and supports all faculty members with their daily teaching, scholarship and service preparation needs, while also serving as liaisons between students and professors relative to assessments and assignment projects. The FSO is located in the Faculty Building, directly behind Classrooms G & H. We are committed to providing efficient and friendly service to all of our constituents in a timely and effective manner. A sampling of the services we provide/projects we support include:
- Faculty General Clerical Services — Word processing, copying, formatting, proofing/editing, scanning, basic citation research, collating/stapling, email assistance, shipping/mailing, mail merge projects, meeting room EMS reservations, mailbin upkeep, office supplies, certificates, expense reimbursements, initial technical troubleshooting, B & G maintenance requests, accounting request processing.
- Semester Preparations — Finalizing/producing syllabi, first assignments, office hours cards, handouts, supplemental books/readers production, ordering professor textbook copies.
- Class Preparations — Seating charts, name cards/tabletents, photo postcards, photocopying, exam preparations, student multiple choice review process, return of mid-semester class assignments to students.
- Program/Project Support — Trial Advocacy Program, Global Lawyering Skills Program, Practical & Persuasive Legal Writing (PPLW) Program, student journals/publications, examination/assessment management & processing, faculty scholarship processing, Moot Court & Mock Trial Programs, Order of the Coif, Order of the Barristers, Inns of Court, scholarship processing, faculty committees support, assists with faculty special events support.
- Student Liaisons — Exam/assessment anonymity assistance, Examsoft/SofTest administration, bins system for student pickup/return of documents.
Students may access our Sakai FSO site for First Assignments, Syllabi, notes from Professors, as well as general notices of class cancelations at: https://pacific.anisakai.com/xsl-portal. Faculty may request access to the FSO Sakai site by request to the director.