CDO Website Suggestions
General Legal Information & Employment Sites
- McGeorgeCareersOnline — Pacific McGeorge School of Law Job Postings
- Hieros Gamos
- Find Law
- Law Jobs
- Law Forum
- Legal Report
- Law Periscope
Women's Associations & Organizations
- Women's Funding Network
- Ms. Foundation for Women
- U.S. State Department — International Women's Issues
- American Association of University Women
- Association of Women in Science
- California Commission on the Status of Women
- California Women Lawyers
- Center for Women's Business Research
- Institute for Women's Policy Research
- League of Women Voters
- National Association for Female Executives
- National Network of Commercial Real Estate Women
- National Organization for Women
- Professional Business Women of California
- U.S. Department of Labor, Women's Bureau
- Women's Work
- SBA Office of Women's Business Ownership
- California Women Lawyers
Legal Associations & Bar Information
- NALP Online — This website provides extensive career planning information for law students and includes information about hiring trends in the legal employment market. The site also lists additional resources that may be helpful to career searches.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar Examination Information (all states)
- Arizona State Bar
- California State Bar
- Nevada State Bar
- Oregon State Bar
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- San Francisco Bar Association
- National Lesbian and Gay Law Association
International Law Resources Websites
- International Law Students Association (ILSA)
- American Society of International Law
- International Bar Association
- Overseas Jobs.com
- Alliance for Conflict Transformation
- Derechos Human Rights
- United Nations
- Jobs in Brussels
Lawyer & Law Firm Directories Websites
Special Interest Websites
- Association of American Law Schools (AALS) — Law School faculty positions.
- National Association of College & University Attorneys
- Chronicle of Higher Education — Job listings for faculty, administrative and executive positions at undergraduate and graduate educational institutions (including law schools).
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management
- U.S. Department of State — This site contains information about becoming a Foreign Service Officer.
- U.S. Department of Justice — Volunteer Summer Legal Intern Positions with the Dept of Justice. Excellent opportunities for 1st year students.
- Government Honors Handbook (call CDO for password)
- Partnership for Public Service
- State of California Homepage
- State of CA Office of the Attorney General — Employment opportunities with the California Department of Justice. By submitting an Examination Request Form, you will automatically receive materials when an exam is scheduled.
- California State Personnel Board — Exam bulletins for jobs with the State of California.
Practice Area Resources Websites
- Nationwide List of State & Federal Prosecutor Web sites
- Intellectual Property Law Server — General information, comprehensive links, news, articles and jobs in patent, trademark and copyright law.
- Defense Research Institute — National organization of defense trial lawyers and corporate counsel.
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Corporate Counsel Association — Lists open corporate cousel jobs.
- Minority Corporate Counsel — Lists open corporate counsel jobs.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- National Immigration Project
- National Center for Adoption Law & Policy— This website offers a law student the opportunity of an adoption related job experience in several different states.
- Greater Sacramento Small Business Development Center
- Mark Litwak's Entertainment Law Resources
- MegaLaw's Entertainment Law Page
- Animal Legal Defense Fund
Public Interest Websites
- Equal Justice Works (formerly NAPIL) — Equal Justice Works leads the country in organizing, training and supporting public service-minded law students, and in creating summer and postgraduate public interest jobs.
- Public Interest Clearinghouse — The primary mission of the Clearinghouse is to provide information, support, and statewide coordination to the legal community in order to enhance the delivery of legal services to the indigent.
- Public Service Jobnet — Search for fellowships, summer jobs, and temporary and permanent positions from University of Michigan Law School.
- State Public Interest Research Groups (PIRG) — The state Public Interest Research Groups are an alliance of state-based, citizen-funded organizations that advocate for the public interest. The state PIRGs' mission is to deliver persistent, result-oriented activism that protects the environment, encourages a fair marketplace for consumers and fosters responsive, democratic government.
- PSLawNet — PSLawNet is the online resource connecting public interest law job-seekers with their ideal opportunities in the public interest arena, in government, at law schools, and around the globe.
- CALegalAdvocates — An on-line community for all those working to ensure access to justice for low-income Californians.
- The Public International Law & Policy Group (PILPG) — A 2005 Nobel Peace Prize nominee, The Public International Law & Policy Group (PILPG), is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, which operates as a global pro bono law firm providing free legal assistance to states and governments involved in conflicts.
Judicial ClerkshipsGeneral Clerkship Information
General Clerkship Information
- Jurist — This site includes judicial clerkship handbooks from a variety of law schools throughout the country, including resource lists.
- NALP Clerkship Info — This site will provide you statistical information about clerkships that may assist you in your own application process.
- NALP Brochure — This is an on-line brochure published by NALP and the ABA Judicial Administration Division Task Force on Opportunities for Minorities.
State and Local Government Directory
- National Center for State Courts — This site will link you to federal, state, and international court sites.
Federal Court Clerkship Information
- OSCAR: Online System for Clerkship Application & Review — Login for online applications.
- Federal Judiciary Homepage — This site provides information about the federal court system and is maintained by the Administrative Office of the Courts of the United States.
- Federal Judicial Center — This site contains a document produced to assist federal judges when interviewing law clerk candidates. Once you access the home page, follow these links to access the document: publications, catalog, desk references, conducting job interviews.
State Court Clerkship Information
- California State Courts — This site will take you to the job vacancies for the California Administrative Office of the Courts, the Supreme Court of California, and the California Courts of Appeal. Note: Most California courts do not utilize term clerks, so these listings are for permanent positions.
- California Supreme Court Justices — This site includes a list of California Supreme Court judges and their biographies.