J.D. Concentration Programs
McGeorge's diverse electives and co-curricular offerings allow you to explore a variety of legal career opportunities. If you have a particular career path in mind, our concentrations will enhance your J.D. experience and allow you to master a specific practice area.
Explore the Concentrations
- Business Concentration — Develop an expertise in general business law and related areas such as entertainment, employment, banking, or real estate law.
- Capital Lawyering Concentration — Perfectly suited for McGeorge's location in California's capital, this course of study prepares students for government and public lawyering through coursework and an externship or clinic experience.
- Environmental Concentration — Explore the scope of issues governed by environmental, energy, and water law on local, national, and international levels.
- Health Concentration — Acquire the professional skills to represent individual and institutional clients or to work for a state or federal regulatory agency.
- Intellectual Property Concentration — Focus on the growing areas of intellectual property, including patent law, copyright law, entertainment and artistry law, and more.
- International Concentration — Gain exposure across the international law spectrum, with a dual emphasis on public international law (relations between states) and private international Law (transnational business).
- Tax Concentration — Concentrate on tax laws that affect accounting, business, estate planning, and charitable organizations.
- Trial & Appellate Advocacy Concentration — Hands-on training in criminal and civil trial preparation and advocacy, and alternatives to litigation.
Office of Student Affairs
Email | 916.739.7089