Certificates & Concentrations
J.D. Certificate & Concentration Programs
Pacific McGeorge's diverse electives and co-curricular offerings allow you to explore a variety of legal career opportunities. If you have a particular career path in mind, our certificate programs and concentrations will enhance your J.D. experience and allow you to master a specific practice area.
Explore the Certificates
- Certificate in Advocacy — For students interested in careers in civil or criminal litigation at the trial or appellate level and in dispute resolution, this popular Certificate includes hands-on training in trial preparation and advocacy and alternatives to litigation.
- Capital Certificate in Public Law & Policy — Perfectly suited for Pacific McGeorge's location in California's capital, this course of study prepares students for government and public lawyering through coursework and an externship or clinic experience.
- Certificate in International Legal Studies — This program offers exposure across the international law spectrum, with a dual emphasis on public international law (relations between states) and private international Law (transnational business).
Explore the Concentrations
- Business Law Concentration — Develop an expertise in general business law and related areas such as entertainment, employment, banking, or real estate law.
- Criminal Justice Concentration — Prepare for the criminal justice field, from prosecuting and defending to assessing and reforming the justice system.
- Environmental Law Concentration — Explore the scope of issues governed by environmental, energy, and water law on local, national, and international levels.
- Intellectual Property Law Concentration — Focus on the growing areas of intellectual property, including patent law, copyright law, entertainment and artistry law, and more.
- Tax Law Concentration — Concentrate on tax laws that affect accounting, business, estate planning, and charitable organizations.
Office of Student Affairs
Email | 916.739.7089