What is Comment?
Comment Department staff writers research and compose an original scholarly work that is useful to the legal community. Students will have the opportunity to research cutting-edge legal issues, work personally with a McGeorge faculty advisor, and became an expert in their topic area. Each year, the Board of Editors selects a number of these Comments for publication.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Network with McGeorge faculty, policy advisors, and other legal experts.
- Perform advanced research of cases statutes to analyze the effect of new laws and policies.
- Learn to write publishable articles.
- Master the use of the Harvard Bluebook citation style (HBB is the most widely used style manual in the U.S.).
- Obtain a detailed knowledge of a specific legal field.
- Receive two (2) units of ungraded class credit, and will receive a grade designation of Honors, Pass, No Credit, or Fail.
- Obtain the prestige of being a member of the school's Law Review.
The University of the Pacific Law Review
Pauline Rodriguez Acosta, Computer Publishing Specialist
Email | 916.739.7171