The State Water Resources Control Board Turns 50 (1967-2017): Integrating Water Quality
& Quantity in the Golden State
Keynote Speakers: Justice Ronald B. Robie ’67, Third District Court of Appeal & Felicia
Marcus, Chair, State Water Resources Control Board.
Presented by the McGeorge Water & Environmental Law Program.
Date & Time
Saturday, March 11, 2017 from 8:45 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
McGeorge School of Law — Lecture Hall
Presented by McGeorge Water & Environmental Law Program with support from:
- Briscoe Ivester & Bazel LLP
- Downey Brand LLP
- El Dorado County Water Agency
- Ellison, Schneider, Harris & Donlan
- Kronick, Moskovitz, Tiedemann & Girard
- Spaletta Vineyards
- Somach Simmons & Dunn
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Water and Power Law Group PC
McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, is a State Bar of California approved
Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) provider. This program has been approved
for 4.75 hours of general MCLE credit. McGeorge School of Law certifies that this
activity conforms to the standards for approved educational activities prescribed
by the rules and regulations of The State Bar of California governing minimum continuing
For reasonable accommodations, please contact us.
Registration & Continental Breakfast
Welcome, Recognition of Board Members, Keynote Introduction
8:45 a.m. to 9 a.m.
9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Justice Ronald B. Robie '67, Third District Court of Appeal
Panel 1: Water Quality & Allocation: SWRCB Overview & The Delta Water Quality Control
9:35 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- Moderator, Professor Virginia Cahill, UC Davis
- Nicole Kuenzi, Attorney, State Water Resources Control Board
- Professor Holly Doremus, UC Berkeley School of Law
- Meredith Nikkel, Attorney, Downey Brand LLP
Panel 2: New Directions in Water Management: Enforcement & Data
10:55 a.m. to 12:05 p.m.
- Moderator, Rob E. Donlan, Attorney & Shareholder, Ellison, Schneider, Harris & Donlan
- Yvonne West, Attorney, State Water Resources Control Board, Office of Enforcement
- Peter Prows, Attorney and Partner, Briscoe Ivester Bazel
- Richard Roos Collins, Attorney and Principal, Water & Power Law Group PC
12:05 p.m. to 12:55 p.m.
12:15 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Felicia Marcus, Chair, State Water Resources Control Board
Panel 3: The Groundwater-Surface Water Nexus & the SWRCB
12:55 p.m. to 2:05 p.m.
- Moderator, Tina Cannon Leahy, Attorney, State Water Resources Control Board
- Professor Richard M. Frank, UC Davis School of Law
- Erik Ekdahl, Director, Office of Research, Planning & Performance, State Water Resources
- Eric N. Robinson, Attorney and Shareholder, Kronick, Moskovitz, Tiedemann & Girard
Symposium Closing Note
2 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Andrew H. Sawyer, Assistant Chief Counsel, State Water Resources Control Board
2:15 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.