Our goal is to provide an environment conducive to studying and designed to meet your research needs. For this reason we have created specialized study areas to accommodate different study preferences. Your observance of our food, beverage and noise guidelines will help to ensure a pleasant environment for all of us.
Library Spaces and Functions
- Quiet study area — The Hugh & Hazel Darling Foundation Grand Salon or “Grand Salon”, Stacks 2, Treatise Room, and Rotunda.
- Small group study area/quiet conversation — Reference Room, Stacks 1, Open Reserves, Study Rooms, Circulation, Foyer and Outdoor areas.
- Copy and Print Room — Debitek copiers and printers are available as well as WestLaw and Lexis printers and some office supplies.
- Computer Lab — Internet and database access. Computer assistance is available. The Computer Lab may close for classes.
- Food and Beverages — Food is only allowed in the outdoor areas. Drinks should be in spill resistant containers; No pop-cans permitted. Smoking is not allowed.
- Cellular Phones & Pagers — Please refrain from cell phone conversations inside the library. Phone calls can be placed in the outdoor areas: Grand Salon Terrace, the Patio and the Oak Tree Courtyard.
- ID Policy — A McGeorge ID card is required to check out materials. It is also necessary to access the Library after regular business hours.