Checking Out Materials
A valid University of the Pacific identification or library card is required to check out material. At the time of checkout, please confirm when your items are due back. You are responsible for knowing the due dates. You may check your record online via the catalog.
- Most items can be renewed a total of two times. If you have already renewed your items twice, you will not be able to renew them again.
- Patrons may request an item through the catalog which will be placed on hold. Items that have a hold placed on them may not be renewed by the patron who has it checked out. Please contact the Circulation Supervisor at 916.739.7328, if you need assistance.
- Checkout privileges and off-campus access to databases will suspended (blocked) if:
- Material is not returned
- Replacement charges have not been paid
If you have any questions or concerns about charges or blocks, please contact the Circulation Supervisor at 916.739.7328.
Individuals are personally responsible for all items checked out on their card. This includes charges for lost or damaged materials. Do not lend your card to another person. Charges for lost and damaged materials will include a $25 processing fee per item.
Borrowing materials from outside libraries
Research materials not available in the University of the Pacific Library system may be borrowed from other libraries by filing an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Request. Interlibrary loan services are available to University of the Pacific faculty members and current students only.
McGeorge faculty and students may make ILL requests by:
- using our online form,
- sending requests or questions to ILL Department; or
- calling the Library at 916.739.7240.
Non-McGeorge faculty and students may make ILL requests by going to http://www.pacific.edu/Library/Services/Interlibrary-Loan.html. The Gordon D. Schaber Law Library provides limited lending and document delivery services to outside libraries and law firms. There may be a charge for these services. Call the Library at 916.739.7240 or email the ILL Department with your request or question.
High demand items, materials for classes, study room keys and Audio-visual materials are held at the Circulation desk.
- Most items may be browsed in Open Reserves or checked out for two hours.
- Most audio-visual materials may be checked out for three days and may be taken home. Audio-visual materials for Advocacy and for other skill-based or performance-based classes must be viewed or listened to in the library.
- Study Rooms
- Students may reserve study rooms online up to two weeks in advance.
- Students may reserve up to six, 30-minute time slots per day.
- Study rooms must be reserved using the student's "@u.pacific.edu" email account.
- Food is not permitted in study rooms and drinks must be in library approved containers. Cell phone use is not allowed in study rooms.
Overdue Reserve items are subject to a $1-per-hour fine per item during the hours that the Library is open.