MPA & MPP Programs
McGeorge School of Law offers two distinctive professional degrees, the Master of Public Policy (MPP) and the Master of Public Administration (MPA). These programs join knowledge of law, competencies in analyses, and skills in action. Register for an upcoming information session or webinar to learn more.
The Master of Public Policy (MPP) prepares professionals for careers capably making and effectively implementing public policy decisions. Graduates of the two-year, full time 48-unit program will be well-prepared for professional careers in government, non-profit and private sectors. Consequential public policy issues are characterized by conflict, complexity and uncertainty. Successfully addressing such issues is the mission of this program. Learn more.
The Master of Public Administration (MPA) prepares professionals for successful careers in management and leadership positions and as advocates for change in making and implementing public policies. The 30-unit core curriculum emphasizes the foundations of public action based in statutes and regulations, value clarity, competencies in strategic leadership, analytical skills required for public management, and systemic change. Students may also elect an additional 6 -12 units for a concentration as a basis for launching a career or developing expertise in a field of their interest. Learn more.
- Sign-up today to receive updates about MPA and MPP programs
- Read an article about Distinguished Professor John J. Kirlin’s Appointment as Founding Director of the Department of Public Policy
- Read an article about Senior Professor Chester A. Newland's Appointment in the Program in Public Policy at McGeorge
Information Sessions and Webinars in 2016
- MPP/MPA Webinar — Wednesday, June 1, Noon to 1 p.m. | Register
- MPA & MPP Informational Session — Wednesday, June 8, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. on the Sacramento Campus | Register
- MPP/MPA Webinar - Wednesday, June 15, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. | Register
- MPP/MPA Webinar - Wednesday, June 22, Noon to 1 p.m. | Register
- MPA & MPP Informational Session - Wednesday, June 29, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. on the Sacramento Campus | Register