LL.M. in Water Resources Law
To enhance the skills and understanding of lawyers at all levels, the Pacific McGeorge School of Law offers LL.M. and J.S.D. degrees in water resources law. These will prepare you to serve the diverse needs of businesses and developers, farmers and ranchers, non-profit organizations, and public agencies at every level from local to international.
The Water Resources Law graduate program emphasizes interdisciplinary natural resources classes; simulations and case studies; a robust field placement experience; and advanced substantive law course work. The combination of natural resources science, technology and economics, with strong legal coursework and hands-on training, makes this program unique among other natural resources law graduate degrees. There are two courses of study.
Both tracks of the LL.M. in Water Resources Law involve one-year (two semesters) to two-year (three or four semesters) courses of study.
- U.S. Law Track — This track focuses on issues affecting the United States. It is designed for students with a law degree to gain expertise in this growing field of environmental and natural resources law.
- International Track — For law graduates interested in pursuing careers in government, non-governmental organizations or private law firms dealing with international water issues. This program focuses on the unique laws, policies and political dynamics as it applies to water- courses that are shared by two or more nations.
- Fast Track — This accelerated program is available to Pacific McGeorge J.D. students for both the U.S. Law Track and International Track of the Water Resources Law LL.M. degree.
Pacific McGeorge is dedicated to helping our students succeed in whichever program they choose. Please explore both tracks. An academic advisor is always available to help you with your decision.
- Experience first-hand observation and participation in solving complex relevant real issues
- Enjoy small classes sizes
- Take advantage of our mentoring and career development resources
- Obtain special assistance with course selection and class success
- Receive help in adjusting to student life in the United States
"I could not be happier with the practical water law education I gained at Pacific McGeorge. I found a great job representing public agencies in actions to recover clean-up costs from companies that pollute groundwater with toxic chemicals right after graduation, thanks to the help of my professors." — Bryan Barnhart, ’13, Litigation Associate at Miller, Axline & Sawyer