Dual Degree Programs
Pacific McGeorge offers a number of dual degree programs in cooperation with graduate programs at University of the Pacific and California State University, Sacramento.
A dual J.D./M.B.A. program is offered in cooperation with the University of the Pacific's Eberhardt School of Business and with the California State University, Sacramento's College of Business Administration. Pacific McGeorge will accept up to 12 units of graduate M.B.A. coursework; Pacific's Eberhardt School of Business accepts up to 12 units, and CSUS accepts up to 9 units of law school credit toward the M.B.A. degree.
Students interested in legislative policy and governmental affairs may concurrently enroll for the Masters in Public Policy and Administration (M.P.P.A.) offered by California State University, Sacramento, and earn up to 12 units of cross-credit.
- Students must be admitted separately to Pacific McGeorge and the school that will confer the Masters degree. Acceptance by one school does not guarantee acceptance by the other.
- Pacific McGeorge accepts up to a maximum of 12 units of graduate credit as elective credit toward the J.D. degree. (Only credit earned in graduate courses is accepted; credit earned in prerequisite courses that might have been completed at the undergraduate level are not accepted toward the J.D. degree.)
- Students must fulfill Pacific McGeorge residency requirements for the number of semesters of enrollment in law school courses (i.e., six (6) semesters of full-time or eight (8) semesters of part-time study, or the equivalent of mixed full-time and part-time study) with a minimum number of units required for each semester.
- Courses for which credit is accepted by Pacific McGeorge toward the J.D. degree must be taken concurrently between initial matriculation and graduation from Pacific McGeorge, unless an exception is approved.
- For Masters courses to be credited toward the J.D. degree, advance approval is required. Students should submit a written request to the Dean of Students for course approval and furnish an official transcript to the Registrar when grades are recorded. Only credit is accepted; grades do not count in computing a student's Pacific McGeorge GPA, and courses and grades are not recorded on a student's Pacific McGeorge transcript.
Pacific McGeorge Admissions
Email | 916.739.7105