The Global Lawyering Skills faculty is diverse in many ways. We have practiced in small, large, domestic and international law firms. We have worked in state and local government, held judicial clerkships, served as in-house counsel, engaged in public interest work and participate in pro bono opportunities. We write and speak on lawyering skills, as well as on other substantive topics such as judicial ethics, election law, criminal law, and constitutional law. We are active in local, state, and national bar associations and organizations and are active members of LWI and ALWD.
- We have more than 90 years of combined teaching experience, individually ranging from two to 21 years.
- We teach a variety of courses beyond GLS, including Advanced Appellate Advocacy, Advanced Legal Writing, Agency, Applied Remedies, Business Associations, Business Transactions: The Art of the Deal, California Employment Law Practicum, California Initiative Seminar, Civil Practice Clinic and Seminar, Client Interviewing & Counseling, Community Property, Criminal Law, Criminal Law Defenses, Criminal Procedure, Elder Law Practicum, Election Law, Employment Law, Evidence, Honors Legal Writing, Legal Rhetoric, LL.M Legal Process, Mediation, Negotiations and Settlements, Public Sector Labor Law, and Torts.
- We have taught in California, New York, China, and Singapore.
- We have been awarded extraordinary teaching and extraordinary contribution awards from the University of the Pacific and Pacific McGeorge School of Law.
- We have more than 100 years of combined practice experience, individually ranging from three to 25 years.
- We have practiced in Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Germany, and Switzerland.
- We have clerked for federal Circuit Court of Appeals, federal district court, and state court judges.
- We have written numerous books, articles, and essays.
- We have presented at over twenty times at local, regional and national conferences.
- We teach continuing legal education classes.
- We are members of local, state and national bar associations.
- We present at local bar association events.
- We provide legal skills training programs for practicing attorneys.
- We appear on radio and television programs.