To be considered for McGeorge's JSD program, applicants must present evidence of:
- Graduation from a school of law approved by the American Bar Association; or
- Admission to the Bar of a state in the United States; or
- Graduation from a faculty of law in a foreign country whose educational authority
has authorized that faculty to issue degrees in law.
Applications now open for Fall (August) 2018.
JSD Application Checklist
We also accept applications through LSAC.
Applicants must submit the following documents via the online application system,
GradCAS. Note: Application materials in languages other than English must be accompanied by
certified English translations.:
- Curriculum vitae (résumé);
- Application statement indicating why you are interested in the JSD degree, including
intended fields of inquiry and research objectives in specific terms;
- Legal writing sample such as a published article, monograph, or academic paper;
- Original official transcripts from colleges, universities, and graduate or professional
schools attended, including a current law school transcript;
- Two letters of reference, preferably from law school professors or legal employers;
- For non-native English speakers, proof of English proficiency:
- Receipt of an undergraduate or graduate degree from an English language institution;
- Multi-year employment in a position in which English is the primary language of communication;
- A minimum test score of 88 (Internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language
(TOEFL), or 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Note: The F-1 student visa process may take up to three (3) months. We encourage students
to submit their application no later than June 1, 2018 (06/01/2018) to allow sufficient
time for processing.
Note to all applicants: Working with an agent will not affect your chances of acceptance
and scholarship. All applicants should disclose in their application materials if
they are working with an agent. We encourage all applicants to communicate directly
with us at email@example.com.
Please, email us or visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.