The Pacific McGeorge International Jurist Series
The second annual Pacific McGeorge International Jurist Series brought leading judges and lawyers from around the globe to the law school campus in 2012 and 2013.
- On Aug. 30, 2012, Professor Barbara Pozzo, who teaches comparative law at the University of Insubria in Como and directs the Ph.D. program in the same subject at the University of Milan, opened the series with her presentation, "The Changing Scope, Range and Methodology of Comparative Law."
- On Sept. 4, 2012, Professor Gunter Herzig, an official at the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg and law professor at the University of Salzburg, presented "Crisis and Democracy: Europe's Constitutional Response to the Financial and Economic Crisis."
- On Nov. 5, 2012, Professor Sylvie Cimamonti of L'Université Paul-Cézanne presented "The Place and Role of Victims in Criminal Trials: From Differences Across the Atlantic to the Challenge of Different Legal Systems in Europe."
- On Jan. 15, 2013, Judge Ricardo Ramírez-Hernández, a member of the WTO Appellate Body and chair of international trade law at the Mexican National University (UNAM) in Mexico City, discussed "Resolving Global Trade Disputes from Gasoline to Clove Cigarettes: A View from an Appellate Body Member."
- On Feb. 19, 2013, one of the world's most prominent jurists, retired Justice Richard Goldstone of South Africa, closed out Pacific McGeorge's second annual International Jurist Series with "Recent Developments at the International Criminal Court."
The Pacific McGeorge International Jurist Series speakers for 2013-2014 will be announced soon.