March 19, 2014
A Dramatic reading of former state court Judge Ron Tochterman’s one act play, Too Jewish
Where: The McGeorge Courtroom
3200 Fifth Ave.
Sacramento, CA 95817
When: March 19, 2014 from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
In Too Jewish, a well-received one act play, former state Judge Ron Tochterman sets out a number of ethical challenges for participants in the criminal justice system. Should a defense attorney influence her client to plead guilty because she believes her client will come across badly to the jury, even if her client insists she is innocent? Does a prosecutor violate his ethical obligations by trying to secure a plea by pressuring an ex-lover, the defense attorney?
Afterwards, a panel led by Judge Tochterman will discuss these and other themes and will invite you to share your thoughts.
The play will be read by:
- Catherine Joyce — Devorah (Defendant)
- Patrice de Guzman — Charlene (Defendant's lawyer)
- Shoeb Mohammed — Bert (Prosecutor)
- Robert Mayville — Kenneth (Defendant's ex-husband and current boyfriend, "a sociopath")
- Ron Tochterman
- Marcus Crowder, Theater Reviewer for the Sac Bee
- Art Scotland, McGeorge Alum and Retired Presiding Justice, California Court of Appeal
- Cary Bricker, McGeorge Professor of Law and Former Federal Public Defender
Email | 916.739.7316