Training & Development
Pacific McGeorge offers many programs for the professional development and training of its faculty and staff. In addition to training and development, important programs contributing to overall health and general well-being are also offered. Below are details for some of the additional programs.
- The Pacific McGeorge Workplace Wellness Program is made up of seminars and workshops that take place on-campus. The focus of the program is to educate people on how to live a healthy and active lifestyle and inform them of the benefits that come with living that lifestyle. The Lunch and Learn series is included in this program.
- The Staff Training and Development Program consists of on-campus workshops that are designed to develop skills necessary for professional growth. These workshops involve topics such as leadership skills and time management.
- The Software Training Program consists of on-campus workshops where the primary focus is the Microsoft Office Suite and its applicable use in the Pacific McGeorge environment. Many different applications and tasks are covered in these workshops, from intermediate to advanced levels.
For more information on the programs above please contact Human Resources.
Policies & Procedures
University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law abides by policies of employment set forth by the University of the Pacific, in conjunction with applicable State and Federal law. More information on these policies and governing laws can be found by clicking on the links below.
- Accessibility to University Programs and Events (pdf)
- Campus Group and Community Post Policy (pdf)
- Make-up Time Policy (pdf)
- Smoking Policy, McGeorge Campus (pdf)
- University of the Pacific-Wide Policies — Topics include Alcohol Consumption and Drug Use, Close Personal Relationships, Complaint and Grievance, Diversity and Equal Opportunity, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Prohibited Discrimination, Security and Anti-Violence, Sexual and Other Unlawful Harassment, Smoking, Staff Handbook, Tuition Exchange, Tuition Remission, Volunteering
Listed below are some of the forms used by the Pacific McGeorge Human Resources Department in processing requests of employees. Please be sure to submit your completed forms to Human Resources. Forms not available online can be found by contacting or visiting the Human Resources Department.
- Benefits — Forms regarding benefits may be found by logging in to MyUSI. Note: A Log-in and password is required.
- Change of Employee Data Form (pdf)
- Employee, Benefit, and Payroll Forms page on Pacific's Main Campus website.
- Make-up Time Request Form (pdf)
- Staff Support/Vacation Request Form (pdf)
Observed Holidays for 2014
|New Year's Day||Wednesday, Jan. 1|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||Monday, Jan. 20|
|Seasonal Day||Friday, March 28|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 26|
|Independence Day||Friday, July 4|
|Labor Day||Monday, Sept. 1|
|Seasonal Day||Wednesday, Nov. 26|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, Nov. 27|
|Seasonal Day||Friday, Nov. 28|
|Seasonal Day||Wednesday, Dec. 24|
|Christmas Day||Thursday, Dec. 25|
|Seasonal Day||Friday, Dec. 26|
|Seasonal Day||Monday, Dec. 29|
|Seasonal Day||Tuesday, Dec. 30|
|Seasonal Day||Wednesday, Dec. 31|
|New Year's Day||Thursday, Jan. 1, 2015|
|Seasonal Day||Friday, Jan. 1, 2015|
Contact Human Resources
Email | 916.739.7182