Negotiation for Success
Negotiation is an essential skill for many professions. For attorneys, whether your practice involves litigation, legal transactions, or regulatory matters, negotiation skills are critical. This training is for anyone interested in refreshing existing negotiation skills or building new ones — not just lawyers.
This practical, interactive seminar will improve your ability to negotiate effectively by sharpening existing skills and deepening your knowledge of fundamental, science‐based principles of successful negotiation.
Through exercises, role playing, multi‐media presentations and discussion, participants will be introduced to a systematic way of preparing for and conducting negotiations to enhance power and maximize the potential for making favorable agreements.
At the seminar, you will learn how to:
- Improve your ability to make good strategic choices in negotiation
- Learn how to manage negotiation concessions effectively
- Recognize your strengths and weaknesses in personal negotiation style
- Systematically prepare for negotiations to minimize the risk of making common and costlynegotiation mistakes
- Use strategies and tactics for increasing power and managing conflict in negotiations
- Use interest‐based negotiation strategies that can create value for all participants
The feedback from previous class participants has been excellent:
- "The negotiation seminar was by far the most informative, interactive seminar that I haveattended in years." - Jordan Peters, Peters Law Inc.
- "The executive series negotiation skills program was very good. I will definitely recommendthis class to others." - Charlotte Martinez, CCPOA
- " The instructors effectively communicated useful strategies and tactics based not only on theirprofessional experiences but also by referring to research data." - Vince Pastorino
This seminar has been approved for seven (7) hours of California MCLE credit.
Date and Time: TBA
Location: University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Institute for Administrative Justice, 3200 Fifth Ave., Sacramento, CA 95817.
Parking: Free, convenient parking provided.
Accommodations: Registration fee does not include overnight accommodations.
Contact Katherine Ebert
Email | 916.739.7049