At Pacific McGeorge, we encourage our students to give back — both to their law school and to the community! Whether through philanthropic giving or devoting their time and talents to one of many available volunteer and pro bono opportunities, students enrich their own lives and the lives of those around them by becoming involved.
Four Reasons to Give Back
- Demonstrate Leadership — Potential employers value leadership. By volunteering, you will forge new relationships and develop new skills that will only enhance your leadership potential. Students who make financial gifts receive recognition on campus donor walls, in law school publications, and on the website, showing their willingness to take an active interest in their school, thereby setting themselves apart from their peers.
- Leave a Lasting Legacy — Make your mark on campus and in the community! By devoting your time and energy to a cause that matters to you, you can make a real difference. By donating to a cause or a campus organization/program that is dear to your heart, you can ensure its continued strength and vitality for years to come.
- Develop a Lasting Relationship — Your ties to Pacific McGeorge and to the community do not end when you graduate! Your law school is committed not only to your education, but to your continued development, success, and engagement after graduation. We hope you will return that commitment by becoming and staying engaged now and for years to come.
- Demonstrate Philanthropy — Engaging in volunteerism and philanthropy is an excellent way to say thank you to your law school for a superior education, and to the community that has given you so much and will welcome you into the workforce upon graduation.
There are so many ways to get involved on campus and in the community. You can:
- Join a Chartered Student Organization
- Tend the Community Garden (behind the Recreation Center).
- Engage in pro bono and volunteer opportunities such as OneJustice, the SBA Community Service Committee, or Education Pipeline SEAL (Scholars Expanding Authentic Learning). Read more about these opportunities in the Community Engagement section of the McGeorge Academic Planning Guide.
- Participate in networking opportunities through the Career Development Office.
- Watch for other volunteer and engagement opportunities via on-campus flyers or announcements in "The Docket."
Make a Gift
Your gift, no matter the size, can make a real difference. Please explore these giving opportunities for students:
Connect with Alumni
The Alumni Association Board of Directors takes an active interest in student philanthropy and engagement at Pacific McGeorge. Alumni Board members volunteer to act as liaisons and mentors to individual classes of students. Your Alumni Liaison will encourage you to give back to your law school, to become engaged in activities on and off campus, and to take advantage of the many networking and career-building activities available to you during your time at Pacific McGeorge.
Meet your Alumni Board Class Liaison
- Class of 2013 — Dustin Johnson
- Class of 2014 — Kim Delfino
- Class of 2015 — Kim Garner
- Class of 2016 — C. Emmett Mahle
Contact Laurel Sunderman, Alumni Relations & Development Specialist
Email | 916.739.7288